Zeutschel OS Q Overhead
& Large-format Scanners
A2, A1 and A0 Book Scanners
Ushering in a new generation of Zeutschel‘s German-engineered archival capture hardware, the OS Q overhead book scanner line enhances the reputable scanning power of its acclaimed predecessor, the OS 14000, with faster scan speeds and new camera technology.
Ideal for books, documents, photographs, large-format scanning, and fragile materials and other flat or bound media, the OS Q overhead book scanners’ flexibility and high-quality scans make it an asset for libraries, archives, museums and others with diverse collections and digitization needs.
Quality. A high-powered camera and gentle, illuminating lighting allow images to be captured to the highest of current image quality standards, including FADGI 4-star. For even higher capture quality, check out the OS HQ model which features a Gigapixel camera.
- Productivity. The Zeutschel OS Q overhead book scanner series use parallel scanning in both directions to increase production. Multi-thread capabilities allow operators to scan and save images simultaneously. A camera link interface provides quick data transfer between the scanner and PC for additional production speed.
- Flexibility. The modular scan system utilizes interchangeable tables, book cradles, cameras and lenses to allow for customized digitization depending on specific project or collection requirements, no matter your large-format scanning or other needs.
Looking for even higher image quality and resolution? Check out the OS HQ Overhead Scanner model which features the same flexibility and productivity while using a GigaPixel camera for more advanced capture quality.
- RGB line sensor (3-channel, CMOS technology)
- Up to 600 ppi resolution
- 3.5 second* scan cycle speed
- Interchangeable book cradle and table options
- Interchangeable cameras and lenses
- Bi-directional scanning
- Internal image processing with 96 bit depth
- True RGB capture on each pixel (no color interpolation)
- Optical zoom (optional)
- Capable of capturing FADGI 4 star-rated, full Metamorfoze and ISO 19624-1 images
- Q0 model: A0-size (46.8″ x 33.1″ scan area)
- Q1 model: A1-size (36.4″ x 27.5″ scan area)
- Q2 model: A2-size (23.4″ x 16.5″ scan area)
*Using 200 ppi resolution at A1 size
Looking for other scanner options? Click here to view other A1 and A0 Overhead Scanners.
Watch a case study interview with Adam Fisher of Maine State Library on their use of the OS Q cultural heritage scanner.
- Q&A with Zeutschel CEO Joerg Vogler (2021)
- Press release: Crowley Brings New Zeutschel OS Q A1+ Scanner to North America
- Press release: First Deliveries of Zeutschel OS Q
- Interview with Jörg Vogler on the new OS Q Book Scanners
- Vertical Sheet: County Government Solutions and Sample Clients
- Vertical Sheet: State Archive Solutions and Sample Clients