Host, Share, View and Save Microfilm Images Easily
IMAGEhost Image Retrieval System
Web-based access to microfilm collections from any device
A digital preservation platform for microfilm, IMAGEhost is The Crowley Company’s innovative software and image hosting solution, allowing users to easily access scanned microfilm rolls in their original format.
Using any internet-connected device, IMAGEhost is the affordable key to digital image accessibility from any location.
The doors never close. 24/7 microfilm availability.
It’s no longer necessary to be onsite to view microfilm images that are crucial for research, operations or other functions.
Using the industry-leading capture expertise of Mekel Technology, Wicks and Wilson or Crowley MACH Mini microfilm scanners, IMAGEhost allows owners of images scanned with QuantumScan or Virtual Scanstation software to view, print, save or send images from their workstation, home or on the road.
IMAGEhost adds efficiency for remote and onsite staff and increases patron value.
Cost-effective options for microfilm image hosting
IMAGEhost is offered as a premise-hosted software package that can integrate seamlessly into an existing IT infrastructure, maximizing the time-to-use solution.
Working from three key components – access to image repositories, an indexed database and the IMAGEhost operating program – IMAGEhost maximizes initial capture investment by offering secure public or password-protected full-image exposure to any network, client or patron base.
Two convenient scanning options:
- We Scan. Typically, microfilm rolls are scanned by Crowley’s Digitization Services division as a line item in the complete platform package.
- You Scan. A hybrid option exists for owners of Mekel, Wicks and Wilson and Crowley scanners whereby they can import their own scans directly into their pre-purchased IMAGEhost software.
- Flexibility. Offers immediate access to images in their original form across single or multiple rolls of microfilm. Saved images can be edited with multiple features to enhance image quality without affecting the original scan. Once saved, images can be saved to device, electronically exported or printed.
- Ease of Use. IMAGEhost works at the touch of a screen, the stroke of a keyboard or the click of a mouse utilizing an intuitive interface with simple operational, editing and saving commands.
- Cost-saving Benefits:
- Initial scanning. Scanning media in its original format eliminates post-processing time and costs while retaining high image quality.
- Web-based hosting. Save the cost of building a complicated in-house IT infrastructure. View technical specifications.
- Material preservation. As originals are no longer subject to frequent handling, the reduced wear-and-tear can help ensure media integrity and extend shelf life.
- Reduced man-hours. Eliminates the need to manually locate and transport film to a reader-printer. Viewers save time and money with immediate record/image access and easy roll, blip or OCR text searchability.
- Multi-device Retrieval. Users can access images across multiple devices, including traditional PC’s, laptops, notebooks, tablets and smart phones. An unlimited user license ensures that all records are accessible all the time.
- Searchable Text (OCR): In addition to traditional play and rewind functions, IMAGEhost offers advanced OCR to make finding images a quick and efficient process.
- Case study: State Agency selects IMAGEhost for records management
- White Paper: Estimating Microfilm Images
- White Paper: Dealing with our Aging and Deteriorating Microfilm Collections
- Press release: IMAGEhost for Microfiche to Debut at ARMA LIVE! in Orlando
- Press release: IMAGEhost comes to market August 2017