High-volume: Mekel MACH12 Microfilm Scanner
High-resolution Microfilm Scanner
Since Mekel Technology created the first production-level microfilm scanner in 1989, they have continued to advance the field of microfilm digitization hardware through the MACH-Series roll film scanners.
The MACH12 is a high-volume microfilm scanner that provides the highest resolution images in the series through the use of a 12-bit camera with 12288 pixel array and precision lens. The advanced optics and camera system provides unrivaled tonality, depth of field and resolution to any microfilm scanning project and provide high text OCR accuracy due to their exceptional image clarity.
All MACH-series high-volume microfilm scanner models include the revolutionary Quantum software suite. Quantum software ensures that each microfilm image is captured, eliminating the need for rescans.
Crowley’s exclusive hybrid approach to microfilm scanning allows clients to outsource the digitization to Crowley’s Digitization Services branch and process the images in-house using QuantumProcess software. Learn more.
- NEW! Optical character recognition with QuantumProcess
- NEW! Windows 10 support
- FADGI-rated capture
- True archival image quality
- High optical resolution of up to 750 dpi true optical resolution
- 12-bit camera with 12288 pixel array and precision lens for unrivaled tonality, depth of field and resolution
- Scan speeds under 4.5 minutes per 100’ roll
- Compatible with IMAGEhost microfilm hosting platform
- Full-roll strip scanning technology
- Safely scans microfilm in various states of composition, including film inflicted with vinegar syndrome
- Vertically-aligned film transport for enhanced stability
- Direct path imaging camera, film and light source enable up to 600 true optical dpi resolution
- Standard 1,000’ adapter, high-speed rewind and film cleaning rollers
- Real-time image sharpening and enhancement
- Easy software and equipment upgrades
Looking for other scanner options? Click to view all available microfilm scanners.
- Blog: Quantum Software Allows Historic New York Microfilm Newspaper Scanning Project to Continue Amid Pandemic
- Press Release: Mekel 2.0 with Windows 10 support, higher efficiencies released
- White Paper: Dealing with our Aging and Deteriorating Microfilm Collections
- White Paper: Mekel microfilm scanners increase productivity and offer significant savings
- White Paper: Estimating Microfilm Images
- Vertical Sheet: County Government Solutions and Sample Clients
- Vertical Sheet: State Archive Solutions and Sample Clients
- Case Study: U.S. National Archives
- Case Study: Bound Book and Microfilm Scanning for Presidential Libraries
- Case Study: The Carroll County Public Library
- Case Study: Smithsonian Archives of American Art
- Case Study: Danish Newspapers Travel the Globe Without Leaving Home
- Blog: Ancestry.com uses Mekel MACH-series film scanners to digitize genealogical records
- Blog: Scanner Comparisons Lead to Measurable ROI
- Blog: Patron vs. Production Scanners: Which Type Do You Need?
- Blog: Quantum Happiness
- Blog: Four Questions to Ask Before Upgrading Your Mekel Scanner
- Blog: Digital Touchdown! Digitizing the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Microform Archive
- Blog: Raiders of the (Not So Lost) “Ark”ives: Digitizing Religious Archives
- Blog: Alexander Hamilton: The Man, The Musical, The Microfilm
- Blog: What the FADGI %*#&!? Part Three: Selecting Equipment to Achieve FADGI Compliance
- Blog: Old Media in a New Age: Newspapers Go Digital in Latest Case Study
- News Article: IDMI Magazine, Mekel Technology Microfilm Scanners Article
MACH-Series Microfilm Scanner PC Specifications
|Processor||Intel Xeon Processor W-2235|
|Memory||16 GB or more|
|Hard Drives||OS Drive – 256G SSD; Payload Drives – 2x1TB 7200rpm; SATA Hard Drives|
|Monitor||24″ Dell Monitor|
|Graphics Card||Quadro P620, 2GB|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Pro (64 bit only with Intel Processor)|
The Crowley Company pursues a policy of continuous product improvement and reserves the right to change these specifications without notice.