Crowley Introduces InoTec 6×1 Document Scanner to U.S., Showcases Records Scanners at ARMA InfoCon 2019
Demos Available in Booth #319
Frederick, Md. and Nashville, Tn. – The Crowley Company (Crowley) – a world leader in records scanners, services and digitization solutions – will introduce the InoTec GmbH SCAMAX® 6×1-series paper scanner for the first time in the U.S. at the annual Association of Records Managers and Administrators (ARMA) InfoCon exhibition. Held in Nashville, TN from October 21-22, Crowley will showcase microfilm, microfiche, aperture card and document scanners in Booth #319.
Matthew McCabe, Crowley vice president of sales and marketing, notes, “At ARMA, records managers from diverse fields come to see the latest technologies in hopes of making their digitization efforts more productive. We are excited to see the attendee’s reactions to this new technology as well as Crowley’s other industry-trusted production scanners.”
InoTec 6×1 High-speed Document Scanner
The new InoTec 6×1 document scanner combines the most high-efficiency features of InoTec’s production volume 8×1 floor model in a desktop scanner design to offer high-volume, high-speed paper conversions in a space-saving design.
“Records managers require the highest-performing scanners available to satisfy their large production scanning demands.” McCabe adds. “The 6×1-series gives those with large paper collections a tool to withstand and exceed those great expectations. It offers efficiency and versatility without demanding a large amount of department real estate. Best of all, the InoTec scanners boast few maintenance requirements, making them the champion workhorse information managers need,” McCabe continued.
Available in four speed models, the 6×1 scanner series captures documents sized 12.5” x 77” at document scanning speeds ranging from 120ppm/240ipm to 210ppm/420ipm. The document scanner features a 7” multi-touch communication panel with button speed control and traffic light scanning logic to cue operator movement for maximum handling and control. The final digital images can be simultaneously output as color, grayscale and bitonal images for additional time-savings. Scanned pages can be imprinted with up to four lines of print and/or barcode without impacting speed. An adjustable output hopper sorts the originals in a neat stack for post-scan convenience.
The 6×1-series reduces or eliminates possible downtime through specifically-designed hardware features, including:
- Straight-through paper path with front and rear document output ensures documents are not damaged while scanning
- Gentle belt transport system protects originals and boasts long lifetime without maintenance
- Easily accessed transport path for quick access in the rare event of a paper jam
- Specialized, scratch-resistant glass guides with a three-year warranty reduces damage from staples, paper clips and other records hazards
- CCD line array and optics provide high-quality capture, unparalleled color accuracy and fine print detail for better images and more accurate OCR recognition
Units Showcased for Hands-on Demos in Booth 319:
Microform Capture Scanners and Solutions
- Crowley MACH Mini Portable Production Microfilm Scanner: Mobile. Modular. Miniature. The affordable MACH Mini scans 100’ and 215’ rolls of 16mm or 35mm microfilm at speeds of up to 350 ipm. Utilizes industry-leading Quantum (Mekel Technology) software suite.
- Mekel Technology MACH7 Production Microfiche Scanner: Recognized throughout the records industry for its automation, reliability and ease-of-use, the MACH7 with auto and manual loading capability scans all microfiche types and standard aperture cards at speeds of up to 260 ipm.
- IMAGEhost Microform Hosting Platform: View microfilm and microfiche collections scanned on Mekel Technology or Wicks and Wilson scanners in their original format from any internet-enabled device. Easily edit, save or share images via the virtual platform for desktop, interdepartmental and out-of-office records reference.
Overhead Document Scanners
- Zeutschel 12002 A2 Book and Large-Format Scanner: Overhead scanner captures images in up to 600 dpi resolution. Ideal for institutions with bound books, large or oversized records and onion skin or fragile documents.
Desktop Document Scanner
- Avision AD8120 Desktop Scanner: Built to scan documents up to A3-size (11.7” x 17”) at speeds of 120ppm/240ipm, the AD8120 offers fast document conversion for all high-volume paper collections.
- Crowley Imaging Services: From images for online access to true archive representatives of the originals and FADGI-compliant records capture, Crowley’s award-winning digitization services department offers conversion services for all capture types and media, including: paper; bound books; microform; slides; photographs and other graphic arts materials.
Free Expo-only Passes Available
Click here, select the “Register Now” button on the right sidebar and choose “EXPO Only” to reserve a free expo-only pass.
About The Crowley Company
The Crowley Company is a world-leader in digitization/preservation technologies and provides an extensive number of digital document and microfilm conversion services to the public, private and government sectors. The company manufactures, distributes and services high-speed microfilm, microfiche, aperture card, book and document scanners, graphic arts scanners, microfilm duplicators, film processors, micrographics equipment and 71MP cameras. Manufactured brands include Crowley, Mekel Technology and Wicks and Wilson.
About InoTec GmbH
InoTec GmbH optimizes business processes with technically precise and reliable document scanners made in Germany. InoTec scanners are used for high-volume scanning wherever vast amounts of documents have to be scanned and optimum reliability is a key requirement. InoTec ensures worldwide service through distribution partners in every corner of the world.