High-volume: Mekel MACH10 Microfilm Scanner
High-Performance Microfilm Scanning with Media Flexibility and Superior Image Quality
The Mekel MACH10 microfilm scanner from Mekel Technology offers the fastest speed of the acclaimed MACH-Series microfilm scanners, capturing 700 images or more per minute, and offers the highest efficiency for the combination of speed and image quality.
Since creating the first microfilm scanner over four decades ago, Mekel has remained the world leader in microform digitization hardware and software with the MACH-Series roll film microfilm scanner line. The MACH-Series scanners are trusted by archives, libraries, government institutions and other entities worldwide for all types of 16mm and 35mm microfilm digitization.
All MACH-series microfilm scanners include the revolutionary Quantum software suite.
Crowley’s exclusive hybrid approach to microfilm scanning allows clients to outsource the digitization to Crowley’s Digitization Services branch and process the images in-house using QuantumProcess software. Learn more.
- NEW! Optical character recognition with QuantumProcess
- NEW! Windows 10 support
- FADGI-rated capture
- Up to 600 dpi true optical resolution
- Scan speeds under three minutes per 100’ roll
- Compatible with IMAGEhost microfilm hosting platform
- Full-roll strip scanning technology
- Safely scans microfilm in various states of composition, including film inflicted with vinegar syndrome
- Vertically-aligned film transport for enhanced stability
- Direct path imaging camera, film and light source enable up to 750 true optical dpi resolution
- Standard 1,000’ adapter, high-speed rewind and film cleaning rollers
- Real-time image sharpening and enhancement
- Easy software and equipment upgrades
Looking for other scanner options? Click to view all available microfilm scanners.
- Case Study: Primerica Gains Efficiency, Customer Service with Microfilm Digitization
- Blog: Quantum Software Allows Historic New York Microfilm Newspaper Scanning Project to Continue Amid Pandemic
- Press Release: Mekel 2.0 with Windows 10 support, higher efficiencies released
- White Paper: Dealing with our Aging and Deteriorating Microfilm Collections
- White Paper: Mekel microfilm scanners increase productivity and offer significant savings
- White Paper: Estimating Microfilm Images
- Vertical Sheet: County Government Solutions and Sample Clients
- Vertical Sheet: State Archive Solutions and Sample Clients
- Case Study: U.S. National Archives
- Case Study: Bound Book and Microfilm Scanning for Presidential Libraries
- Case Study: The Carroll County Public Library
- Case Study: Smithsonian Archives of American Art
- Case Study: Danish Newspapers Travel the Globe Without Leaving Home
- News Article: IDMI Magazine, Mekel Technology Microfilm Scanners Article
- Blog Feature: Ancestry.com uses Mekel MACH-series film scanners to digitize genealogical records
- Blog Post: Scanner Comparisons Lead to Measurable ROI
- Blog Post: Patron vs. Production Scanners: Which Type Do You Need?
- Blog Post: Quantum Happiness
- Blog Post: Four Questions to Ask Before Upgrading Your Mekel Scanner
- Blog Post: Digital Touchdown! Digitizing the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Microform Archive
- Blog Post: Raiders of the (Not So Lost) “Ark”ives: Digitizing Religious Archives
- Blog Post: Alexander Hamilton: The Man, The Musical, The Microfilm
- Blog Post: What the FADGI %*#&!? Part Three: Selecting Equipment to Achieve FADGI Compliance
- Blog Post: Old Media in a New Age: Newspapers Go Digital in Latest Case Study
MACH-Series Microfilm Scanner PC Specifications
|Processor||Intel Xeon Processor W-2235|
|Memory||16 GB or more|
|Hard Drives||OS Drive – 256G SSD; Payload Drives – 2x1TB 7200rpm; SATA Hard Drives|
|Monitor||24″ Dell Monitor|
|Graphics Card||Quadro P620, 2GB|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Pro (64 bit only with Intel Processor)|
The Crowley Company pursues a policy of continuous product improvement and reserves the right to change these specifications without notice.