High-volume: Mekel MACH7 Microfiche Scanner
Microfiche Scanners with
Superior Speed and Image Quality
The MACH7 Mekel microfiche scanner, now with Mekel 2.0, represents the latest evolution in a long line of Mekel Technology digitization products. Designed to accommodate various microfiche, aperture card and jacket formats, the MACH7 creates superior image quality at high speeds from even the most difficult film.
Relied upon in service bureaus, institutions, agencies and other end-users with large volumes of microfiche records to digitize — such as the Texas Supreme Court — the MACH7 sets the industry standard and has a well-earned reputation as the most-automated, reliable and easy to use production microfiche scanner on the market. Automation features such as a specialized fiche pick-up arm and batch scanning modes facilitate quick, uninterrupted scanning while features such as full fiche pre-scan ensure that all images are captured at first pass.
The MACH7 microfiche scanner purchase includes Mekel Technology’s tried and true FastFiche software for on the fly capture and the revolutionary Quantum software suite. Encompassing QuantumScan and QuantumProcess, the Quantum software shortcut, editing and processing features and options have proven to triple operator scanning production.
Crowley’s exclusive hybrid approach to microfiche and microfilm conversions allows clients to outsource the actual material scanning to Crowley’s digitization services bureau and process the images in-house using QuantumProcess software. Learn more.
- NEW! Serpentine scanning for increased throughput
- NEW! Optical character recognition (OCR) of image text
- NEW! OCR title naming using text recognition from the title bar
- NEW! Enhanced aperture card capture with optional top lamp
- NEW! Windows 10 support
- Manual and/or automated microfiche loading and unloading
- Intelligent single-pass pre-scan locates all images of various sizes in seconds without the need for presets/wizards
- Unmatched throughput speeds of up to 200 images per minute whether scanning grayscale, bitonal or dual grayscale/bitonal
- Full fiche or title bar scan (opaque and transparent) with no loss in overall throughput
- Real-time image sharpening and enhancement performed in hardware
- Scans all standard aperture card and fiche types including COM and jacket
- Up to 600 dpi true optical resolution
Looking for other scanner options? Click to view all Crowley microfiche scanner offerings.
- Article: The Archives of the Future (NSRC utilizes Mekel Technology scanners as part of its digitization efforts)
- Blog: Quantum Software Allows Historic New York Microfilm Newspaper Scanning Project to Continue Amid Pandemic
- Press Release: Mekel 2.0 with Windows 10 support, higher efficiencies released
- White Paper: Mekel microfilm scanners increase productivity and offer significant savings
- Case Study: U.S. National Archives
- Case Study: Bound Book and Microfilm Scanning for Presidential Libraries
- Vertical Sheet: County Government Solutions and Sample Clients
- Vertical Sheet: State Archive Solutions and Sample Clients
- Blog: Ancestry.com uses Mekel MACH-series film scanners to digitize genealogical records
- Blog: Scanner Comparisons Lead to Measurable ROI
- Blog: Patron vs. Production Scanners: Which Type Do You Need?
- Blog: Quantum Happiness
- Blog: Four Questions to Ask Before Upgrading Your Mekel Scanner
- Blog: Digital Touchdown! Digitizing the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Microform Archive
- Blog: Raiders of the (Not So Lost) “Ark”ives: Digitizing Religious Archives
- Blog: The Marine and the Microfiche: Preserving 20 Years of Service
MACH-Series Microfiche Scanner PC Specifications
|Processor||Intel Xeon Processor W-2235|
|Memory||16 GB or more|
|Hard Drives||OS Drive – 256G SSD; Payload Drives – 2x1TB 7200rpm; SATA Hard Drives|
|Monitor||24″ Dell Monitor|
|Graphics Card||Quadro P620, 2GB|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Pro (64 bit only with Intel Processor)|
The Crowley Company pursues a policy of continuous product improvement and reserves the right to change these specifications without notice.