Crowley C400 Advanced
Aperture Card Scanner
The Next Generation of
Aperture Card Scanner
Expert Digital Imaging in a Compact Desktop Design
For over a decade, the C-Series aperture card scanners have provided those in the manufacturing, engineering and nuclear records management field with an accurate, high-volume conversion solution for 35 mm film and Hollerith data from aperture cards. The next generation C400 Advanced aperture card scanner improves upon previous models through a new camera system, larger input hopper and improved internal mechanics to digitize all formats of 35 mm microfilm aperture cards and punch Hollerith data.
The only production aperture card scanner on the market, the C400 Advanced provides even more image quality, ease-of-use and speed for high-volume card conversions using an automatic feed system that can scan batches of 300 cards unattended – double the capacity of the previous model – or can be manually fed for on-demand card capture. Advanced image enhancement and editing tools are included, adding versatility and ease to this aperture card scanner. Once scanned, the data from the aperture cards can be accessed instantly for viewing, printing, email, distribution or storage. Aperture card readers allow for the easy digitization of this valuable medium.
What are Aperture Cards?
Although you’re likely familiar with this medium, they’re currently rare enough that a brief description of their purpose and function is worth noting.
Aperture cards were first put to use for their current purposes in the mid-20th century. Their adoption accompanied the rise of early computers, which were designed to process the data contained on the cards. Like other microfilm, aperture cards are purposed to compress data into a smaller format, making duplication and transfer easier than it would be if data remained full-sized.
They do this through a series of physical hole punches representing coded data. Additionally, the cards contain miniaturized microfilm chips, allowing for image storage.
For decades, these cards were the preferred method of data storage for many industries due to their ability to be easily read, indexed, stored and quickly retrieved by computer.
- NEW Double the card hopper capacity of the previous model (150 cards to 300 cards) for increased efficiency and automation
- NEW Enhanced camera and light source for excellent image quality and clarity
- NEW Updated internal design for improved serviceability, resulting in quick and infrequent maintenance
- High-quality images at full resolution
- Hollerith (punch) data is automatically read and used to select drawing sizes and file names, if required
- On-demand and batch scanning modes included as standard feature
- Virtual rescan automatically reprocesses the scanned image with alternative imaging parameters, eliminating the need for rescans
- Capable of scanning any ISO aperture card with no extras or modifications to purchase
Interested in other scanner options? View Crowley’s full line of aperture card scanners.
C400 Advanced PC Specifications
|Minimum/Recommended – Intel Core i7 (6th generation and above)
|Minimum/Recommended – 16 GB or more
|120 GB SATA
|Windows 10 and 11 Pro (64 bit only with Intel Processor)
The Crowley Company pursues a policy of continuous product improvement and reserves the right to change these specifications without notice.