Universal Film Scanner
Ideal for Walk-up Patron Scanning
and Lower-Volume Use
Smart. Uncomplicated. Affordable.
In developing the UScan+ HD UF (Universal Film) Series as a part of the Crowley brand products, The Crowley Company has employed decades of industry-leading Mekel Technology and Wicks and Wilson production-level microfilm, microfiche and aperture card scanner technology, marrying high-volume expertise with walk-up patron requirements. Driven by ease-of-use and high image quality, the Uscan+ HD-series is ideal for public research, low-volume back-office conversions or as a replacement for outdated microfilm reader-printers.
The UScan+ HD model features an 18 megapixel ultra-high resolution active pixel area array sensor and a full host of versatile features — including RapidScan batch scanning option, optical character recognition (OCR) capability, optional pay-per-use interfaces and more — to accommodate a wide range of patron needs for microform scanning.
The easier, simpler, better way to scan multiple media with a single unit.
- Industry-high 18 megapixel active pixel area array sensor
- Scan, print or save in color, grayscale or bitonal capture
- Up to 2400 dpi resolution
- Touchscreen-compatible interface
- Customizable quick-start menu
- USB 3.0 connectivity
- ILL (Interlibrary Loan) Compatible
- Flexible output options (Email, Cloud, USB, etc.)
- Output to network, file save, USB, print, Cloud, Google Docs and CD/DVD
- Two built-in USB ports
- Standard features: touchscreen; manual and motorized roll film pods; smart edit; annotation; timed auto-capture for film and fiche; Rapidscan batch scanning (HD+ only); opaque microcard LED
- Scanner options: 3M adapter; vendor interface kit (pay-per-use); OCR searchable text; foot pedal; low-level platen handle; manual roll film winding handle; microfilm spool adapter; monitor stand; cleaning kit
Looking for the same HD image quality with only the necessary scanning features? Check out the UScan+ HD LTE model.
- White Paper: Estimating Microfilm Images
- Case Study: UScan Digitizes Engineering Data, Corporate Archives of Major Food Producer
- Case Study: Boston Symphony Orchestra Uses Leading-Edge UScan+ Technology to Increase Access to Previously Inaccessible Content
- Vertical Sheet: County Government Solutions and Sample Clients
- Vertical Sheet: State Archive Solutions and Sample Clients
- Blog Post: The Growing Use of Patron Scanners
- Blog Post: Life in the Fast (Scanning) Lane: Digitizing History Rapidly with the UScan+
- Blog Post: Clarity Matters: UScan+ HD, A High Res Look at Image Quality
- Blog Post: Olympic Lineup: New UScan+ UF-Series Offers More Options for Microfilm Reader Printer Replacements
- News Article: New Microfilm Machine at Library Brings the Past Into Focus
- News Article: UScan+ Enjoyed by Boone County Library
- News Article: IDMI Magazine, UScan+ HD Hardware Spotlight
- News Item: Universal Success
- News Item: Crowley begins shipping the UScan+
UScan+ HD-Series PC Specifications
|Processor||Minimum – Intel Core i5|
|Recommended – Intel Core i7|
|Memory||Minimum – 4 GB|
|Recommended – 8 GB or more (UScan+ HD model only)|
|Hard Drives||No recommended specification|
|CD Drive||Required. DVD software included; electronic delivery upon request|
|Monitor||Minimum – 1080 x 768 Full Color|
|Recommended – 23” Touchscreen 1920 x 1080 Full Color|
|Graphics Card||No recommended specification|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Pro (64 bit only with Intel Processor)|
|USB Interface||USB 3.0|
Note: For the cloud upload features to work correctly on Internet Explorer must be at version 11 or higher
The Crowley Company pursues a policy of continuous product improvement and reserves the right to change these specifications without notice.