High-volume: Mekel MACH5 Microfilm Scanner
Since creating the world’s first production level microfilm scanner in 1989, Mekel Technology has remained at the forefront of microfilm technology with their industry acclaimed MACH-series scanners. Relied upon by countless archives, service bureaus, government agencies, corporations and other institutions, the MACH-series provide fast and accurate digitization of all types of 16mm and 35mm microfilm.
The Mekel MACH5 microfilm scanner is known as the “best of both worlds” for its ability to provide both quality image capture and fast scan speeds of 500 images or more per minute (1000 images or more per minute using speed mode).
All MACH-series microfilm scanners include the revolutionary Quantum software suite.
Crowley’s exclusive hybrid approach to microfilm scanning allows clients to outsource the digitization to Crowley’s Digitization Services branch and process the images in-house using QuantumProcess software. Learn more.
- NEW! Optical character recognition with QuantumProcess
- NEW! Windows 10 support
- Up to 600 dpi true optical resolution
- Scan speeds under four minutes per 100′ roll
- Compatible with IMAGEhost microfilm hosting platform
- Full-roll strip scanning technology
- Safely scans microfilm in various states of composition, including film inflicted with vinegar syndrome
- Vertically-aligned film transport for enhanced stability
- Direct path imaging camera, film and light source enable up to 600 true optical dpi resolution
- Standard 1,000’ adapter, high-speed rewind and film cleaning rollers
- Real-time image sharpening and enhancement
- Easy software and equipment upgrades
Looking for other scanner options? Click to view all available microfilm scanners.
- Article: The Archives of the Future (NSRC utilizes Mekel Technology scanners as part of its digitization efforts)
- Case Study: Primerica Gains Efficiency, Customer Service with Microfilm Digitization
- Blog: Quantum Software Allows Historic New York Microfilm Newspaper Scanning Project to Continue Amid Pandemic
- Press Release: Mekel 2.0 with Windows 10 support, higher efficiencies released
- White Paper: Dealing with our Aging and Deteriorating Microfilm Collections
- White Paper: Mekel microfilm scanners increase productivity and offer significant savings
- White Paper: Estimating Microfilm Images
- Vertical Sheet: County Government Solutions and Sample Clients
- Vertical Sheet: State Archive Solutions and Sample Clients
- Case Study: U.S. National Archives
- Case Study: Bound Book and Microfilm Scanning for Presidential Libraries
- Case Study: The Carroll County Public Library
- Case Study: Smithsonian Archives of American Art
- Case Study: Danish Newspapers Travel the Globe Without Leaving Home
- Blog: Ancestry.com uses Mekel MACH-series film scanners to digitize genealogical records
- Blog: Scanner Comparisons Lead to Measurable ROI
- Blog: Patron vs. Production Scanners: Which Type Do You Need?
- Blog: Quantum Happiness
- Blog: Four Questions to Ask Before Upgrading Your Mekel Scanner
- Blog: Digital Touchdown! Digitizing the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Microform Archive
- Blog: Raiders of the (Not So Lost) “Ark”ives: Digitizing Religious Archives
- Blog: Alexander Hamilton: The Man, The Musical, The Microfilm
- Blog: What the FADGI %*#&!? Part Three: Selecting Equipment to Achieve FADGI Compliance
- Blog: Old Media in a New Age: Newspapers Go Digital in Latest Case Study
- News Article: IDMI Magazine, Mekel Technology Microfilm Scanners Article
MACH-Series Microfilm Scanner PC Specifications
|Processor||Intel Xeon Processor W-2235|
|Memory||16 GB or more|
|Hard Drives||OS Drive – 256G SSD; Payload Drives – 2x1TB 7200rpm; SATA Hard Drives|
|Monitor||24″ Dell Monitor|
|Graphics Card||Quadro P620, 2GB|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Pro (64 bit only with Intel Processor)|
The Crowley Company pursues a policy of continuous product improvement and reserves the right to change these specifications without notice.