Wicks and Wilson
7700-Series Microfiche Scanners
The High-Performance Solution
to Digitize Microfiche
The 7700-series microfiche scanners designed by Wicks and Wilson and manufactured by The Crowley Company provide automated batch digitization for all types of microfiche including jackets, COM, step-and-repeat and aperture cards. From capture to final image output and quality assurance, the 7700-Series microfiche scanners makes converting microfiche to high-quality digital images a quick and simple process.
The 7750 model is a true high-volume production microfiche scanner utilizing Wicks and Wilson’s proven and reliable
automatic feed, closed cartridge system. This unique system totally eliminates any possibility of the microfiche being
dropped, damaged or stuck together during the automated scanning process. A mid-range option, the 7720 model takes advantage of 7750 technology, but offers lower-volume output at a moderate price for those not at the high-end need of the production scanner market
100% Quality Assurance
Wicks and Wilson’s Virtual Scanstation software enables 100% QA inspection and image reprocessing without any need to pause the scanning process or rescan the microfiche sheets. Virtual Scanstation allows operators to retrieve, edit and save any image from a scanned batch quickly without having to pull the original material.
Access Images Anywhere, Anytime
The 7700-Series microfiche scanners are compatible with Crowley’s IMAGEhost microfilm image retrieval platform. IMAGEhost allows microfiche or microfilm collections to be accessed and viewed in their original format via any internet-enabled device.
- Scans images in up to 600 dpi resolution
- Digitizes all types of aperture cards and microfiche including COM formats
- Automatically captures complete fiche or aperture cards, creating digitized grayscale and bitonal images simultaneously at full speed
- Runs on a powerful multi-core nVIDIA® graphics processor to display any imaging adjustments on-screen in real-time without the need to rescan
- Engineered specifically for microfiche capture using custom lens, holographic diffuser and 12-bit camera system
- Compatible with Virtual Scanstation software for microfiche, Wicks and Wilson’s comprehensive off-line QA tool and inspection tool that dramatically enhances workflow, accuracy, and productivity
Looking for other scanner options? Click to view all Crowley microfiche scanner offerings.
- Blog: Patron vs. Production Scanners: Which Type do You Need?
- Blog: Wicks and Wilson Celebrates 40 Years
- Blog: U.K. Service Bureau Has 20-Year-Success with Wicks and Wilson Scanners
- Vertical Sheet: County Government Solutions and Sample Clients
- Vertical Sheet: State Archive Solutions and Sample Clients
7700-Series Microfiche Scanner PC Specifications
|Processor||Intel i5-2400 or AMD Phenom II X6 1100|
|Memory||Recommended – 16 GB or more|
|Hard Drives||Raid 0 array for data or a hard disk system capable of being written to at 90 MB per second or higher. A separate SATA hard disk for the Windows installation. An SSD disk is suggested for the system cache and will result in increased performance|
|CD Drive||Required. DVD software included; electronic delivery upon request|
|Monitor*||No recommended setting|
|Graphics Card||Current graphic card supplied with controller PC if purchased from Crowley is a nVidia GTX 1050Ti. This has 768 CUDA Cores and 4GB of memory. These two items within its specification are essential to the 77/88 Series performance. If any other nVidia GTX card is purchased, please be sure the specification of these two items are the same level or exceeded.|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Pro (64 bit only with Intel Processor)|
|PCI Express Slot**||Spare full height slot required for Cameralink Interface (included)|
|USB Interface||Not required|
*The 7750 software can use a dual monitor set-up
**PCIe slot is required in addition to a slot for the graphics card
The Crowley Company pursues a policy of continuous product improvement and reserves the right to change these specifications without notice.